Search This Blog

4.12.2010

1/26/2008 - Kissed by the wind

I am bleeding here, trapped within myself, a message from within myself. Am I the only one that sees it? Am I the only one crying in the dark? Let the sweet deep breath of death flow across my chapped, cracked, and blood soaked skin. Let the wave of peace break over me, hold me deep within myself until I find it. This is my cry to see the light of day. To be kissed by the wind, like silk on my naked back.

It is fear that drives us. Fear that keeps us here. Bound at the elbows, drinking deep, sleeping dark. We are fortunate to be so ignorant. Blissfully sleeping, wiling away the days, the nights, each hour a new dream painted for us. The steep climb, the incline, to reap our unfortunate fruit.

I would let the light burn off mourning. Allow the frost to melt away, seeking stars now suspended and unmoving. This timeless place deep inside. Not hollow, crowded with the bodies of my making. The people I am, the faces I have. Open eyed, just as trapped. I have tied myself to tight.

Yet here I am within myself, I can see you there too. Trapped in your own self induced shroud, just as pained. There will be a reunion among us. We will weep the wellspring, tears of joy. If only to see the light of day, to be kissed by the wind, like silk on our naked backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment