Search This Blog

4.12.2010

8/4/2005 - A soft place to fall

There are things that I can do and things that I can't
Sobriety for fear of suffering
Nobility in fear of humanity
Control for fear of helplessness

In the last years maybe seconds
Before I stopped seeing and looked through your window
I saw love and the promise of love
Fracture then shatter
I saw my own become someone else’s
And the outside of a broken door hanging off it's hinges

Days like these
Life is stopping
No clock is ticking
No time burning
Standing still

I'd like to think that she remembers me
I'd like to think she dwells in there
I know for now it's over and complicated
I imagine what it would be like
To give and take, Allow and rescind
My moment to kill and revive

I'm not over it
I'm not desperate to be
I cling to my moments and mutter and cry
I'm just here wondering what it would be like
Hoping I can be just as naked
Just as still
Just everything
Just this happy accident

It's all out in front
Right out here in the open
All right here to slip on and trip in
Toys in the hall

No emphasis on the down beat
No beginning
I'm in the middle seeking some refrain
Some break
Some rest
A soft place to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment